Articles on: Security & insurance
This article is also available in:

How does the insurance work when I rent something?

When you rent through Hygglo, insurance is always included.

In general, it works like this:

Hygglo has an accident insurance that covers damages up to 30,000 SEK, and it has no deductible.

If the item is worth more than 30,000 SEK, the owner should keep it insured, and our insurance will cover the owner's deductible up to 10,000 SEK.

Motor vehicles are covered for damages up to 300,000 SEK. When renting a vehicle (including trailers), there is a deductible of 5,000 SEK for you as the renter.

Drones and drone accessories are insured up to 20,000 SEK, with a deductible of 5,000 SEK for you as the renter.

In short, the item you rent is always insured. However, you have an obligation not to be careless. If you are careless and cause damage, you may be liable for the damages you caused.

Specifically regarding vehicles:

If you rent a vehicle such as a van or motorcycle, the owner is required to have at least third-party liability insurance for the vehicle. This insurance covers liability and damage to third parties. If you cause damage to a third party, you will reimburse the owner for the deductible they need to pay on their insurance. If damage occurs to the rented vehicle, our insurance covers up to 300,000 SEK or the owner's deductible (up to 10,000 SEK) if the owner has insurance that covers the damage.

What should you do if damage occurs during the rental period?

If an accident occurs during the rental period resulting in damage to the rented item, you must contact the owner as soon as possible and inform them about what happened. It is the owner who contacts Hygglo to file an insurance claim.

In the case of damage to a drone, Hygglo will contact you for payment of the deductible. In the case of damage to a vehicle (including trailers), Omocom will contact you for payment of the deductible.

Updated on: 05/03/2024

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!